Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Flat Day in the Market

Monday was a flat day in the market. As a result of that indicators for my picks are looking interesting, if not grim.

CVX put in a positive day, but it start much lower than the previous day's close. This has dropped the value of my Call option, but still above my exit point. Because of the price movement of the day, it has thrown off technical analytics. When that happens I have curiosity as to whether or not it will repeat itself a second day. For that reason, I am leaving my stop where it is and riding it it out.

DIS put in a negative day, and the technical indicators have begun to follow. This leads me to believe that it will probably continue to decline. To me the prudent move is to tighten my stop to prevent further loss of the profit that the option has produced for me.

T has also put in a negative day, and the technical indicators are also beginning to turn. My investment in it is not much so I will allow my stop to remain as is.

NG put in a positive price movement today, however, it was done under the previous day's close. This may be indicating a reduction in momentum, but it could also just be an anomaly. That being said, NG is still in contention of being called away from me, but that is okay as it has already produced me a profit and my interest in it has declined since it is not a dividend paying stock.

One of my favorite stocks in my watch list is looking good for a Call play again. And that stock is FPL. If tomorrow is another positive day for it and I have some of my capital freed up, I believe I will be investing in it by Wednesday or Thursday. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it.

Disclaimer: See bottom of page.

No comments:

Post a Comment