Thursday, October 28, 2010

Portfolio Update

Today I closed my STO put position for CPLP. With the stock value going up slowly and the month of time that has passed, the value of the 2 put options I sold at $0.30 a contract share has dropped down to my trigger price of $0.05. After commissions, this is a profit of $37.47 and I free up the $1,500 that would have been needed to purchase the 200 shares of CPLP had it dropped below $7.50 a share. Total profit on the sale is just short of 70%, but if you look at it from the perspective of the $1,500 that was frozen to secure the puts, it is only a profit of 0.025% for the past month. Sadly enough, that is still better than bank interest. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it. Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com

CPLP - Capital Product Partners, LP
STO - sell-to-open/sold-to-open

No comments:

Post a Comment