Thursday, September 23, 2010

Portfolio Update

That didn't take long. Today I reached my target for the October 16 put option I bought against C last week. The move was faster than I expected. I was actually considering pushing out my target and tightening my stop so that I didn't get hit the same way I did with BRCD yesterday. But time wasn't on my side and my $1.17 target got triggered and my position got STC at $1.18 per contract share. The end result was only a 3.95% profit. Nothing in comparison to the 40% plus lost the day before. Is it just me, or is there a different economic data report coming out every day? Anyway, I will be looking into some more option trades. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it. Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com/

BRCD - Brocade Communications Sys, Inc.
C - Citigroup, Inc.
STC - sold-to-close

No comments:

Post a Comment