Friday, September 24, 2010

Portfolio Update

It has been a while since I have made so many posts in one week. Last night I decided to put in an OTO trade order for a BAC October 16 2010 $15 put option. The first half was a BTO order at a limit of $1.90 and the second half was a STC order at a stop of $1.43, which is approximately 25% below the limit price. The first half was executed, but because of the good day in the market today and BAC going back up to fill the small gap it produced the day before, I got in at $1.79. Throughout the rest of the day I lost another $0.29, which is not enough to trigger my STC stop order. If the stop is triggered on the penny, I will loose only about 20%. I have been doing so bad on my past few trades I am going to leave that stop in place and wait to see how things fair when the market opens Monday. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it. Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com

BAC - Bank of America, Corp.
BTO - buy-to-open
OTO - one-triggers-other, where the execution of one submitted order automatically triggers the submission of another.
STC - sell-to-close

No comments:

Post a Comment