Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Portfolio Update

This is a late post so I am going to make it quick. On Wednesday I got stopped out of my put option that I BTO on BRCD. I had a stop of $0.98 per contract share, but because of the accelerated rise in the underlying stock my stop didn't get me out until $0.88 per contract share. Since I had two contracts, my total loss on this one ended up being more than 30%. In fact it ended up being just under 41%. I am thinking that I should return back to a 25% loss threshold instead. It might cause me to be stopped out early, but at least I will reduce my losses be trade. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it. Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com/

BTO - bought-to-open
BRCD - Brocade Communications Sys Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment