Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Portfolio Update

It is late after another mediocre day in the market. There isn't a whole lot to say, so I will keep it short.

First of all, because it was such a slow day today in the market, I logged on to my brokerage account and bought twenty shares of the ETF, SLV. I am pretty much convinced that if we do have a successful green economy, that Silver is the way to go. But since I don't have a vault at this time. I am going to buy and hold the ETF, which is based on the actual price of the hard asset.

Second, my Call Options on CVX and FPL didn't do well today. Both CVX and FPL went up in price, but it was so small of a move that my Call Options on them were still affected by time decay, and closed with a small loss each. On the other hand, my stock position on MU also slipped in price today, I am very confident that the chance of being called on me is slim. I guess I will be holding onto the stock another month and selling another call against it.

The good news I have on my current positions is that my Call on WFC made value as the stock broke through a resistance trend line and closed above it. With plenty of potential available in the stock, there is a good chance I could benefit from it.

I am still watching the stocks under $10 that I mentioned about a week ago. They are getting primed for investing, so I might just have to transfer some cash into my account. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it.

Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment