Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Portfolio Update

Due to a number of investors taking off early for Christmas, there is a significant drop off in trading volume this week. As a result, it is a blessing to see any green at all. This is how my portfolio fared.

CPLP pulled back just a little bit on below average volume. The Stochastic and MACD indicators are touching their signal lines and turning down slightly, but I am not expecting a dramatic pull-back. I suspect it will continue like this for the remainder of the week and then maybe some more next week. But come next year, I think it will be going back up. I am in for the long term dividend play, not the capital gains alone.

EVEP gaped up and then pulled back on lower than average volume for a small gain. As of the close, the Stochastic and MACD indicators are diverging from each other. This is also a dividend play, so I will probably be in it through next year.

SLV had a bearish day on less than average volume. The Stochastic and MACD indicators are still running more or less sideways in the oversold range. I don't think it will sit here for much longer. If anything, it should start climbing after Christmas or New Years.

As far as my list of option paper trade possibilities, only one is showing promise right now. SPIL has broken above the downward trending resistance line and held on to the gains. However, what I am seeing right now is that the Stochastic and MACD indicators are still in the oversold condition, but they are pointing upward. What I am waiting for is for them to cross out of the oversold area. When they do that, I will take an option position at the closing of that day.

The next one I believe to be about to go on an uptrend is AEA. However, this will be an actual stock position. Both the Stochastic and MACD are touching their signal lines while in the process of turning from down to side ways. The Stochastic indicator is not yet in the oversold range but the MACD is currently just under it. The price movement has been weak and on low volume as it has been challenging a downward trending resistance line that is converging with an upward trending support line. If it breaks the support line, there is also horizontal support line. Unfortunately, the downward trending resistance line and the horizontal support line produce a flag pattern that usually breaks out to the downside. Despite that I am inclined to believe that because the secondary indicators are already depressed, that there will be a break out to the up side. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it.

Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment