Monday, December 21, 2009

Portfolio Update

Not much to mention this time around. The market started out with strong gains, but could hold on to much of them toward the end of the day. Here is how my portfolio fared.

CPLP started the day up a little over a dime, but was unable to maintain the bump up in value. With the volume being below average, it ended the day only up 1 penny. So far that is a 4 days of nearly the same behavior, opening higher only to pull back. With the closing price barely changing day to day, it appears that it is doing the same thing it did in late September early October.

EVEP started near the close of last Friday and then closed near the opening of last Friday. This price movement creates a bullish Harami candlestick pattern. This pattern is a bullish indicator. The question that I have now is if it can break above the high it just put in last Thursday. Even better than average volume, I am not inclined to believe so. The last time it put in a top that was followed by a Harami candlestick pattern, if fell dramatically. I am holding this stock for the dividend, so we will just wait and see.

SLV opened strong today, but with less than average volume, it lost value as the day progressed. All indicators say that it is oversold. My opinion is that it is just taking a break. I am going to continue to hold onto my position.

As far as paper trading is concerned, I currently do not hold any positions. I am still looking out for entry points, however.

Over the weekend, I mentioned two stocks I will be trading for Covered Calls, AEA and SPIL. Both of them broke the downward trending resistance line I am tracking against them, but neither could maintain the move before the closing bell. If they do it tomorrow, and depending on how strongly they close above the downward trending resistance line, I will be taking a literal position in at least one of them. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it.

Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment