Thursday, December 31, 2009

Portfolio Update

On the final trading day of 2009, the market took a hit. But I don't have anything to complain about. This is how my portfolio fared.

CPLP had a bullish day on below average volume. This continued to push the Stochastic and MACD indicators up. The close of the day was at the most recent high. I believe with the opening of 2010 there will be some more upside gains with CPLP, but I don't think it will be too dramatic.

EVEP had a bearish day on below average volume. This continued to pull the Stochastic and MACD indicators down. I believe that EVEP is still a strong stock but that it will be pulling down to about $28 dollars.

SLV had a bullish day on below average volume. The bullish move was lacking so much enthusiasm that the Stochastic and MACD indicators are still pointing down. I believe that the depression of the SLV ETF is a result of the poor performance of the retail sector as a result of the economy. Since there were far fewer electronic goods sold during the entire year than was hoped, the purchase of raw silver for all of the applications it is used in was reduced for next years production. I think it is still at a good buying price, it is just waitng for the economy to bounce back.

AEA had another bear day on below average volume, but the move was very small. It didn't take out the low it just put in yesterday. Also the Stochastic indicator is in the oversold range and the MACD is under the zero line. It is possible that a bull move is in the near future. Depending on the volume of that move it may turn out well.

All of my symbols on my watch list of paper trades in the option market are still moving sideways, except for SPIL. SPIL made a bullish gap up and closed a little higher for a total of 9 cents or 1.3% on below average volume. Although this price movement maintained the upward direction of the Stochastic and MACD indicators there was no movement in the option market today, so I am going to wait until next week to see if this was just a fluke. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it.

Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment