Friday, January 1, 2010

No Portfolio Update Today.

Today is January 1st of 2010. That being the case, the U.S. market was closed. Today, however, is also two weeks from options expiration for January options. So I will be attempting to sell options against my stock.

The only stock that I have with a position of 100 shares is CPLP, so I will be selling an option against that stock. I know that I have been saying that I would not be selling CPLP because it is a high dividend paying stock but I am not selling it directly. What I am doing is selling an "insurance policy" to someone else that if they buy it and the stock I have exceeds the strike price of the "policy" they can have it at the strike price, no matter how high the stock price goes.

I have been expecting CPLP to reach $10.50 like it did in late October. But because it pulled back under $9 and the climb back has been slow, I am not as convinced that it will reach $10 before options expiration. It could just be because of the winter holidays, but I am willing to take the risk of selling an option at the $10 strike price. The Stochastic indicator is in the overbought range but I don't think it will stay up here that long. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it.

Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment