Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Portfolio Update

This post is really late so I am going to make it quick. The market was shallow and mixed, and this is how my portfolio fared.

CPLP had a bearish day on greater than average volume, but the close was higher than yesterday's close, so not all of yesterday's gains were given back. The Stochastic and MACD indicators are weakening but haven't totally reversed yet.

EVEP had a bearish day on less than average volume. The Stochastic and MACD indicators are contradictory, and the candlestick pattern has a long upper shadow with a bearish body. This could be a reversal for it.

SLV had a bullish day on better than average volume further extending it's gains from yesterday. The Stochastic and MACD indicators continued to move higher and the MACD broke over the zero line. The next big resistance point is $19. Plenty of gains to have.

What I don't understand is why my Covered Call option on CPLP sold at less than expected. Isn't a stop suppose to require it to sell at a price higher than the stop? Oh well. I just have to hope that the expiration next week occurs under $10 so that I can keep the premium.

As for my paper trades, there was mixed movement across all of them. Despite mixed movement, they are all still in the green including the one on OPWV that was down yesterday. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it.

Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment