Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Portfolio Update

As I start to write this the midnight our approaches on another day of shallow changes in the market. This is how my portfolio fared.

CPLP closed unchanged on lower than average volume. Because the close is under $10, this continues to keep me from having to use this stock to cover the call I sold on it at the $10 strike price. I am confident that a pull back is in effect as the Stochastic and MACD indicators have intersected their signal lines. I just have to wait for it to stay under for the next two day's. Secondarily, the high of a couple days ago was about 50 cents short of the peak over two months ago. I am of the belief that it will continue to pull back to about $8.50. From there I will have to re-evaluate.

EVEP closed down today on greater than average volume. This was warned about yesterday. However, now we have what looks like it could be a Hammer candlestick in today's price movement. The only issue with it is that the body of the candlestick is a lot longer than would be expected from a hammer candlestick. This may be a bounce. But I am not expecting anything too strong so early after a reversal. The Stochastic and MACD indicators both strongly point down, so I will be cautious about it.

SLV had a bullish day on higher than average volume and both the Stochastic and MACD indicators are pointing up. This is a bounce from yesterdays bearish move. It also is looking similar to price movement made back in the early half of September 09. From that point there was a little bit of a increase afterwards but was then followed by a hard pull back and some oscillation before striving for a much higher high. I think this could be a repeat performance, but there are usually some variations.

As far as paper trading, JADE is my only one still in. Today it put in a bullish day but on lower than average volume. Although the Stochastic and MACD indicators are pointing up, the body of the current candlestick movement is within the range of the last candlestick movement. This suggests the chance of a reversal. This may only be a small pull back to about the 20-day moving average of about $2.60. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it.

Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment