Monday, January 4, 2010

Portfolio Update

Well the winter break is over. This was made evident by the 155 point move in the Dow. So this is how my portfolio fared.

All three stocks I have a position in had bull days. CPLP moved on much greater volume than average and the Stochastic and MACD indicators are pointing up. In addition, the price broke and stayed above the most recent high made before Christmas.

EVEP moved slightly better than average volume and the Stochastic and MACD indicators seem to be changing directions ever so slightly. In addition, the price movement was over 3%. That is significantly greater than the move of the Dow.

Lastly SLV moved on less than average volume and the Stochastic and MACD indicators are pointing up. In addition to that, it first gaped up and then continued to climb. At the conclusion of the day it was up over 4%. But it still didn't break above $17.50. However, I believe it is still only a matter of time.

As for active trades, I had a Covered Call order on CPLP that didn't trigger so I am resubmitting for tomorrow.

As far as paper trades are concerned, I am starting four. First is an option only paper trade. JPM broke and stayed above it's most recent high of a downward trend. The Stochastic indicator is breaking into the overbought range and the MACD indicator just crossed over the zero line. I am taking a paper position of the $43Mar10 Call option at $2.36.

My next paper trades are stock trades. First is JADE. The Stochastic indicator broke up out of the oversold range and the MACD indicator is pointing up but is still under the zero line. The price move of JADE was on better than average volume. I am in this position for 100 shares at $2.69.

Second is OPWV. The Stochastic indicator broke up into the overbought range and the MACD is pointing up and is above the zero line. The volume wasn't stronger than average but the price did break and stay above the downward trending line I am tracking against it. I am optimistic that it is turning. I am in for 100 shares at $2.39

Third is S. I was in this paper trade before and I am getting back in it again. The Stochastic indicator has recently turned up but hasn't broken out of the oversold range. However, the turn up is steep, so I am inclined to believe it is only a matter of time for it to continue up. The MACD indicator has also turned up but is just below the zero line. I also believe it will increase. Finally the price move was strong on better than average volume. All this leads me to believe more growth is likely to increase. I am in for 100 shares at $3.90. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it.

Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment