Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Portfolio Update

This day didn't see much action in the market. As a result there wasn't much movement in my portfolio either. This is how my portfolio fared.

CPLP had another bear day on less than average volume. The stock itself is obviously pointing down. The Stochastic and MACD indicators are pointing down while sitting in the overbought range. During the day the 200-day moving average was touched by the low, but the stock closed a few cents higher. It would be unwise for a capital gains investor to remain in this stock. It is good that I am in for the cash flow from the dividend.

EVEP had a bull day on less than average volume. With the Stochastic and MACD indicators in the overbought range and the MACD already pointing down, it is unlikely that this level will be maintained for much longer. It would be wise for a capital gains investor to be setting a stop. But I am not investing in this stock for the capital gains, either.

SLV had a bull day on on less than average volume. With the Stochastic and MACD in the oversold range and moving sideways. This is what they call basing. It is only a matter of time until it breaks out to the upside.

On my list of option paper trade possibilities, JADE is looking better as its price movement is breaking through the downward trending resistance line that I am tracking it against. The Stochastic and MACD indicators are both in the oversold range, but they are starting to level off and turn. If tomorrow is a strong day I will get into it then. I mentioned SPIL in my last post and instead of a bull day it had a bear day. The Stochastic and MACD indicators are also still over sold, so I am still not entering it.

In regards to stocks I will be getting into, AEA had a bear day, breaking under the upward trending support line I was tracking it against. It looks to be making a base on the horizontal support line I mention I was also tracking it against as well as the downward trending resistance line. The MACD indicator has leveled out but the Stochastic indicator is still declining toward the oversold range, but not yet in it. I am waiting for the price to break above the downward trending resistance line and for the Stochastic and MACD to point up and out of the oversold range. It doesn't look like it will be too far off. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it.

Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment