Thursday, March 4, 2010

Portfolio Update

CPLP had a bullish day on less than average volume, but only because its open occurred after a gap up and did not close below the previous day's close. The price movement did not affect the Stochastic indicators downward trajectory, but the MACD indicator continued it's upward turn to contact its signal line. Considering that my attempt at selling a call option against my shares at the current price has failed due to lack of interest. I will wait for it to gain some more value, if that is what it is doing and attempt again when it looks like it will be pivoting down again.

EVEP had a bearish day on less than average volume after opening higher. The price movement is now affecting both the Stochastic and MACD indicators. The Stochastic is beginning to stall out and the MACD is starting to turn down. I don't see the stock going up in value in the immediate future. I wish I had more skin in the game with this stock as I would sell a call option against it at the $30 level as I believe it will actually go drop below that strike price before option expiration.

SLV had a bearish day on less than average volume after opening higher. The price movement is affecting the Stochastic and MACD indicators but not drastically. The Stochastic has stalled but the MACD has only slowed down. From here it looks like it will stall out or drop for the immediate future. It is at this time that I should have sold the call option against the shares, but I will be content with the price I did sell it at and wait for the next opportunity to sell against it if it stalls out and drops as I am expecting it to.

My paper trades are looking relatively poor, with one exception. S had a down day, which doesn't benefit my Call on the stock at all. In fact, it actually negatively impacts it. The stock still looks like it is getting ready to rise and I have plenty of time on the option, so I will wait a little bit longer. ISPH had a bearish day, also. But the good news is that I have a sold call recorded against my ISPH shares. This benefits me in that the premium I sold it for continues to stay in my pocket as long as I don't "buy" it back before option expiration. The catch to that is that I am betting the value of my shares at a higher strike price that it will stay lower. I am feeling confident that ISPH will not reach the strike price I "sold" the option for. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it.

Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment