Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Portfolio Update

CPLP had a bullish day on less than average volume. The price movement opened above the previous close and did not put in a lower-low. At the end of the day it was up. The Stochastic indicator did not react to this, but the MACD indicator turned back up towards it's signal line. If someone would want to get in at this point, they could, but should be careful about falling below $8.50.

EVEP closed unchanged after moving both higher and lower on below average volume. After three relatively flat days with higher-highs becoming lower-highs, the Stochastic indicator is still not turning down, but the MACD indicator is. It would be wise protect one's principle and profit by either selling off or buying puts. One could also sell calls against their stock if they had enough skin in the game. I, however, do not. I will hold on to my 10 shares and continue to collect on the dividends.

SLV had a bullish day on better than average volume. The price movement had a bearish close after opening with a large gap up. As a result the Stochastic and MACD indicators continued to move up. I have a bit of concern after a stock makes a move like SLV did today. I usually see the stock either flatten out for a little or begin to pull back. With the Stochastic indicator in the overbought range, I am inclined to believe that it will be pulling back. But since it is not that deep into the overbought range, it may still make it to $17.50 before pulling back.

My paper trades were mixed today. S pulled back further today, put I believe it is only temporary. ISPH sky-rocketed today to break through a declining resistance line as well as the most recent peak. With the Stochastic indicator already in the overbought range and on the decline, I believe it to only be a temporary spike, and the recorded sale of my call option should be safe. That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it.

Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment